Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Meet Lucky


5 years ago as I was leaving a busy parking lot, a slender white cat jumped in my car. I left the car door cracked and walked back to the store and asked the manager who owned the white cat. "No one," he said. "We've been feeding him for over a week, but no one will take care of him." I told him I'd bring the cat to a shelter and he thanked me. When I got back to my car, the white cat was sitting in the passenger seat. I climbed in and turned on the engine. The white cat delicately crawled on my lap and promptly collapsed. His days or weeks on the street left him thin and exhausted. He had a two inch cut over his left eye. I kept the white cat away from my other pets that night incase if he had health issues that would put my other cats at risk. When I went to check on him the next morning I discovered he's nearly blind. And that was when I named him Lucky.

No comments: